At Webxen.com we allow our customers to use more than one domains with their webhosting accounts. It means you can buy one webhosting account and can host multiple domains/websites with this account. Addon Domain is the secondary domain which is hosted on a cPanel. Addon domains allows you to host multiple domains/websites with their on seperate content, all under the single cPanel account.
How to Create Addon Domain in cPanel?
This tutorial assumes that you have already registered/bought a domain name which you want to use as addon domain in your cPanel account and you have already pointed the nameservers of that domain to your webhosting account.
After this, please follow these steps:
- Login to cPanel > go to Addon Domains under the Domains section.
- There will be three fields which you need to fill in order to create addon domain in cPanel.
- New Domain Name: This is the domain name which you want to add. Type the domain name without http:// or www, simple type it as example.com
- Subdomain: This field will be automatically filled by the cPanel and in most cases you don’t need to change this and we recommend that you should stick with the cPanel suggestions and leave it as it is.
- Document Root: This field is also filled automatically by the cPanel. This shows the folder path in your cPanel File Manager. This will be the folder where you will upload the content of your this new domain/website. Only items uploaded to this folder will be visible on your new domain.
- Now click on the Add Domain button and you have successfully created an Addon domain in cPanel.
If you need any help in this matter, please open a support ticket so we can help you with this.